Hospital Grade Air Purifiers
Air quality can be compromised in healthcare settings, where pathogens like bacteria and viruses are present on patients’ garments and in the air. Although unlikely to make it into the body, they can become a problem if not addressed.
Hospital-grade air purifiers are designed for use in clinical environments where there are high levels of airborne pathogens. They can be used in hospitals, clinics, dental offices, and other healthcare facilities where there are patients with compromised immune systems or open wounds.
Discover more about the different hospital-grade air purifiers by Air Care Solutions and their applications in healthcare facilities below.
What you should know about hospital grade air purifiers
1. There are several levels of air purification.
The most basic level is mechanical filtration using a filter to trap particles and remove them from the air. The next level is chemical filtration, which uses chemicals to kill bacteria and viruses. The final level is medical-grade air purification, combining mechanical and chemical filtration to ensure that the air is completely clean.
2. In terms of cleaning, there are two levels.
Low-level cleaning is any system designed to remove airborne particles as small as 50 microns in diameter. This system is not designed to remove gases and odours that originate from germs.
High-level cleaning is designed to remove particles as small as 10 microns, while high capacity is designed to remove particles as small as 2 microns.
At Air Care Solutions, our specially designed HEPA H13 filter traps an incredible 99.9% of microscopic particles, i.e. 0.1 microns or larger, outperforming most high-level cleaning air purifiers available on the market.
For more technical details, head over to our How it Works section.
To find out more about rental options, please click here.
Why air purification in healthcare facilities matters
To maintain a healthy environment for patients, it is essential to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness in healthcare facilities. Cleanliness is vital for several reasons.
Airborne pathogens can cause infections in patients if not prevented. As a result, patients can become ill if bacteria or viruses enter their bloodstream.
Ensuring cleanliness also ensures that instruments are not contaminated with any pathogens. Contaminating instruments is not only a risk for the doctors and nurses but other healthcare workers as well.
Cleanliness is also vital for the environment, as it can make an area more inviting to patients and visitors.
What are the key areas to place air purifiers in a healthcare facility?
You can place air purifiers in Due to many patients being seen in patient rooms, the air can easily get contaminated. An air purifier can remove harmful pathogens and bacteria.
These rooms are known to be heavily contaminated with various pathogens and bacteria. An air purifier in the A&E rooms can remove these toxins from the air.
Examination rooms and labs
The air in these rooms can be filled with various pathogens and bacteria. An air purifier can remove these toxins from the air.
These rooms are high traffic areas where clinical personnel and patients cross paths frequently. An air purifier can remove harmful pathogens and bacteria from the air in busy places like wards.
Types of hospital-grade air purifiers
Hospital-grade air purifiers come in several different varieties. Some units are designed to work only in single rooms, while others can filter the air on entire floors. At Air Care Solutions, we also offer portable units that can be moved around easily and used in multiple rooms throughout the facility.
- Tower air purifiers like the RUHENS WHA 320 are perfect for medium-sized environments like waiting areas. It effectively eliminates germs and odours by releasing a cluster ioniser into the air.
- Floor models are large air purifiers like the RUHENS WHA 400 UVC, which are designed to be placed on the floor in large environments as they clean up to 140m2 of space. Equipped with 8 filters, this air cleaning system is very powerful and efficient at removing ultra-fine dust, airborne viruses, bacteria, germs and harmful substances (ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, acids, etc).
- Portable models like the RUHENS WHA 200 and RUHENS WHA 500 are the most portable hospital-grade air purifiers, capable of being easily moved from one room to the next. Equipped with a 4-stage filtration system, these medical-grade air purifiers can filter ultrafine particles by emitting an ion cluster that effectively removes germs and microorganisms, including Staphylococcus aureus. They can also be used in multiple rooms of up to 35m2 or 45 m2, respectively, at once.
Keep patients and staff safe.
Ruhens air purifiers removes 99.9% of airborne viruses, bacteria and other pollutants
Common pollutants contaminating the air in hospitals
- E. coli is a bacterium most commonly found in the digestive system and can cause severe diarrhoea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
- Staphylococcus aureus, also commonly known as Staph or Strep, is a type of bacteria that can cause skin infections, pneumonia, and blood infections.
- Klebsiella pneumoniae is a bacterium commonly found in the urinary tract and lungs, which can cause pneumonia if left untreated.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a bacterium commonly found in the lungs and urinary tract and is known to be resistant to many antibiotics.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae is a bacterium commonly found in the respiratory system and is known to cause pneumonia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Air Care Solutions for your hospital-grade air purifier?
Air Care Solutions is a leading provider of hospital-grade air purifiers. We pride ourselves on providing the healthcare industry with the best models of hospital-grade air purifiers. Our knowledgeable staff is always available to help you select the right model for your needs.
We have a wide range of models available, and we are constantly searching for the latest technologies available. We are also committed to providing excellent customer service. If you have any questions regarding your model or need help selecting the right model for your needs, do not hesitate to contact us by calling 01244987443 or by filling out our contact form.
Why rent an air purifier for your practice or clinic?
Renting an air purifier is a great way to improve the quality of the air in your practice or clinic without making a large purchase. Air purifiers can be expensive, so renting one is a cost-effective way to get all of the benefits of cleaner air.
At Air Care Solutions, we offer a commercial air purifier rental plan that allows you to rent an air purifier from as little as £1 a day. This is a great option if you want to try out different models or if you only need an air purifier for a short period of time.
All of our commercial rental plans include:
– Fully Inclusive rental plans
– Free Delivery & Expert Installation
– Fully Inclusive of filter replacements & sanitation visits
– Breakdown cover & replacement parts
– Unlimited Callouts
– Option to upgrade at the end of service agreement
– Flexible rental terms and one regular payment to assist with cash flow planning
– Option to upgrade throughout rental term