How air purifiers can help to ease pollen allergy symptoms
Millions of people suffer from allergies during the spring and summer months. Pollen is a common allergen that can trigger allergy symptoms such as itchy eyes, a runny nose, and sneezing. Air purifiers can help remove pollen from the air, making your environment more comfortable if you suffer from a pollen allergy.
What are pollen allergies, and what are the symptoms
Pollen allergies are a common type of allergy that can occur during the spring and summer months. Pollen is a tiny, airborne particle released by plants during their reproductive cycle. When these particles come into contact with the mucous membranes in your nose, they can trigger an allergic reaction.
Allergy symptoms can vary from person to person, but they often include:
- itchy eyes
- a runny nose
- red, watery or itchy eyes
- a headache
- In some cases, people with severe allergies may also experience wheezing and difficulty breathing.
How can air purifiers help to ease pollen allergy symptoms?
If you suffer from pollen allergies, using an air purifier can be a great way to ease your symptoms. Air purifiers work by filtering the air in your home or office and removing allergens, such as pollen, from it. This can help make your environment more comfortable if you are allergic.
Best air purifiers for pollen allergy sufferers
There are a number of different types of air purifiers available on the market, so it’s important to choose one that is right for you. Some air purifiers are designed specifically for allergies, while others can remove a range of different allergens from the air.
- Allergy and asthma inhalers: Air purifiers for allergy-prone rooms are the most popular sort. Allergy air purifiers, which are designed for allergy-prone indoor areas, are the most prevalent type of air purifier. The RUHENS WHA 320 UVC removes airborne viruses and allergens from medium-sized spaces such as flats or single-story homes of up 70m2 in size.
- Whole-house air purifiers: The most often seen type of air purifier is the whole-house or central air purifier. They may cleanse a whole house of harmful pollutants and allergens like pollen, and they frequently have a remote control feature so you may change the fan speed and direction. The RUHENS WHA 400 UVC covers large areas up to 140m2 and contains 8 filters making it ideal for multi-level and large home environments.
- Room air purifiers: These are intended to be utilised in specific rooms, such as a bedroom or living room. They are generally smaller than whole-house units but nevertheless remove significant amounts of airborne particles. The RUHENS WHA-500 is a smaller, space-saving air purifier that measures just 30cm tall and can clean the air from pollen up to a room size of 35m2.
How to choose the right air purifier if you are allergic to pollen
When choosing an air purifier, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, consider the size of the air purifier and the coverage area it can purify. It’s important to choose a unit that is the right size for your needs. If you have a large home, you may need a whole-house unit. If you only need an air purifier for one room, a smaller room unit will suffice.
Second, consider the features of the unit. At Air Care Solutions, our air purifiers have special features that can be helpful for people with allergies, such as the HEPA H13 filter, which traps 99.9% of microscopic particles like pollen (0.1 microns or larger).
Third, consider the price of the unit. Air purifiers can vary in price, depending on the features and coverage area. Choose a unit that fits your budget and your needs.
How air purifiers remove pollen from the air
Air purifiers with high-quality filters can remove up to 99.9% of particles from the air, including pollen. They work by filtering the air in your home or office and removing allergens, such as pollen, from it through a complex filtration system aided by UV light sterilisation and ionisation.
- 4, 6 or 8-stage filtration: Depending on the air purifier model, RUHENS air purifiers by Air Care Solutions will filter the air using a 4 or 8-stage filtration process which features a pre-filter trapping larger particles, followed by a carbon filter for odour elimination, an anti-allergy and lastly, the highly engineered HEPA H13 filter.
- UV light sterilisation: Twin UV (universally known as UVC) lights at the core of RUHENS air purifiers provide enhanced disinfection and protection. Because UVC radiation destroys the microbe completely by promoting complete cellular breakdown, it is an extremely successful and soundless method of sterilisation against pollen, viruses and bacteria.
- Ionisation: It is critical to target fine particles and nanoparticles that pollute your air. The RUHENS HEPA H13 air purifier utilises cluster ion technology to capture negative ions. Pollution particles have a positive charge. Our air purifiers use negatively charged ions to attract micropollutants.
Clean, fresh and pollen-free air for you and your family
Air purifiers can help to ease pollen allergy symptoms by removing pollen from the air and improving your quality of life. Choose an air purifier that fits your needs and budget, and enjoy the benefits of clean, fresh air without pollen allergens.At Air Care Solutions, we offer a wide range of air purifiers to suit your needs. Our air purifiers are designed to remove allergens from the air and improve your quality of life if you suffer from allergies. Learn more about our products and how we can help you ease your allergy symptoms.
More guidance related to this topic