The benefits of using an air purifier for mould allergies
A mould allergy is an allergic response to the presence of mould in the environment. If you have a mould allergy, it is important to keep the environment as clean and free of mould as possible. This means regular cleaning and ventilation, as well as using an air purifier.
What is a mould allergy and what are the symptoms?
Mould allergy is an allergic response to the presence of mould in the environment. Symptoms can include:
- itchy or watery eyes,
- a runny nose,
- postnatal drip
- dry skin or skin rashes.
What causes a mould allergy?
Mould allergy is caused by the presence of mould in the environment. Mould spores are found in the air and can enter your body through your nose, mouth or skin. When these spores come into contact with your body, which may develop antibodies and subsequently, they can cause an allergic reaction.
The types of mould likely to cause allergies are:
- and penicillium.
How can air purifiers help with mould allergies?
Air purifiers are devices that remove pollutants from the air. They can be helpful for people with mould allergies as they can remove mould spores from the air. Air purifiers work by drawing in contaminated air and passing it through a series of filters that trap mould spores and other particles.
RUHENS air purifiers by Air Care Solutions effectively remove germs and allergens from the air using the latest UVC technology with the HEPA H13 filter trapping 99.9% of microscopic particles (0.1 microns or larger).
What are the benefits of using an air purifier for mould allergies?
There are many benefits to using an air purifier for mould allergies, including:
- Reducing the symptoms of mould allergy
- Improving the quality of air
- Trapping mould spores and other particles
- Helping to create a clean and healthy environment.
How do air purifiers remove mould spores from the air?
High-quality filters in air purifiers can remove particles as big as 99.9%from the air. They filter the air in your home or workplace and minimize allergens like mould spores by utilising UV light sterilisation and ionisation to create a sophisticated filtration technology.
- Ionisation targets tiny and nanoparticle contamination. RUHENS air purifiers also produce negative ions in the air. Negative ions attach themselves to mould spores and other allergens, making them heavier so that the filter can more readily capture them. This technology is already being used in hospitals to purify the air and may now be utilised at home.
- RUHENS air purifiers use twin UV lights (universally known as UVC) at the core to improve disinfection and protection. UVC radiation, on the other hand, destroys germs by promoting whole cellular breakdown, making it an extremely successful and silent method of sterilisation.
- A 4, 6 or 8-stage filtration process, including a HEPA H13 filter, removes contaminants from the air. This filter can trap particles as small as 0.1 microns and is highly efficient at removing mould spores and other allergens from the air.
What is the best air purifier for mould allergies?
At Air Care Solutions, we know that only filtering mould allergens from the air is only half the problem. To maintain fresh, clean air any mould spores need to be destroyed.
Our RUHENS air purifiers utilise the latest technology of UV light sterilisation and ionization to create a sophisticated filtration system that removes mould spores and other allergens from the air, as well as traps them so they cannot recirculate. This makes our RUHENS air purifiers some of the best on the market for people suffering from mould allergies.
- Allergy and asthma inhalers: The majority of air purifiers are used in allergy-prone rooms. The most popular type of air purifier is an allergy air cleaner like the RUHENS WHA 320 UVC, which removes airborne viruses and allergens spaces up 70m2.
- Central air purifiers: The RUHENS WHA 400 UVC covers large areas up to 140m2 and contains 8 filters, including a powerful HEPA H13 filter making it ideal for large commercial environments and residential homes. This unit also comes with a practical remote control enabling its owner to change the fan speed and direction.
- Room air purifiers: For rooms or premises with limited floor space up to 45m2, we recommend taking a look at our highly efficient, yet compact room air purifiers, the RUHENS WHA-500 and the RUHENS WHA 200. Measuring at just 30cm and 43cm, these two units are ideal to conveniently place underneath a desk in the corner of a smaller room, office, shop or apartment.
Further recommendations for keeping a space mould-free
In order to prevent mould spores from returning and recirculating through the air, it is important to keep the environment clean and free of mould. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Keep the humidity in your home or office below 60%. Use a dehumidifier if necessary.
- Clean and dry any wet or damp areas immediately.
- Fix any leaks.
- Ventilate your home, especially bathrooms and kitchens or offices, properly.
- Don’t store anything in damp or dark places.
Ban the mould and breathe in clean air
Air purifiers by Air Care Solutions are the best on the market for people suffering from mould allergies thanks to our medical-grade air purifiers benefitting from up to 8-stage filtration systems, HEPA H13 filters, UV light sterilisation and ionisation technologies.
Whilst our units come in different shapes and sizes to suit any environment, they all have one thing in common – their exceptional ability to remove mould spores and other allergens from the air so you can breathe easier. Find out more about our air purifiers and how we can help you reduce allergy symptoms, or get in touch with us today.
More guidance related to this topic