The best air purifiers for people with dust allergies
If you suffer from dust allergies, you know how miserable they can make your life. Dust can also be made up of dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other particles. An air purifier can help remove all of these allergens from the air in your home, making a huge difference in your quality of life.
What are dust allergies, and what causes them?
Dust allergies are caused by an allergic reaction to dust, which is made up of tiny particles that can trigger asthma attacks and other respiratory problems.
Symptoms of dust allergies include;
- postnatal drip
- itchy or red eyes
- watery eyes
- runny nose, mouth or throat
- itchy skin
- and difficulty breathing.
Dust allergies can be extremely uncomfortable and make it challenging to live a normal life. In addition to causing respiratory problems, they can also cause skin problems such as eczema and hives.
What are dust mites?
Dust mites are tiny, microscopic creatures that live in dust. They are not dangerous, but they can cause a lot of discomfort.
A common cause of dust allergies is dust mites and they can be very difficult to get rid of. They thrive in warm, humid environments, most commonly found in bedrooms and bathrooms.
How can air purifiers help people with dust allergies?
Air purifiers can help remove dust, dander, pollen, mould spores and other allergens from the air in your home.
They work by drawing air through a filter that traps all the particles. The atmosphere is then circulated back into the room, which can help reduce the symptoms of dust allergies.
At Air Care Solutions, our HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter air purifiers capture and completely eliminate dust allergens and dust mites from the air. They also harness the power of UV light sterilisation and ionisation via a 4, 6 or 8-stage filtration process.
By removing 99.99% of particles from the air, you can enjoy purified, clean, and allergen-free air within minutes in your home or workplace.
What are the best air purifiers for people with dust allergies?
The best air purifiers for people with dust allergies have a high CADR (clean air delivery rate). This is the measure of how fast an air purifier can clean the air in a room.
The higher the CADR, the faster the air purifier will be able to remove dust and other allergens from the air. At Air Care Solutions, our air purifiers have a CADR of up to 300m3/h, which means they can quickly purify the air in a large room.
Another major feature of RUHENS air purification systems is the pre-filters, i.e. the dual-side inlet filters which absorb air from both sides of the air purifier unit. The air passes through a set of pre-filters. The first filter prevents larger airborne dust particles from becoming trapped. This boosts system efficiency by extending the life of the HEPA filter.
You may also want to consider the location of the air purifier and the size of your home or workspace.
- If you, a family or a staff member have a severe dust allergy, then the most powerful type of purification unit, i.e. a whole-house air purifier, will help you clean the air of any dust particles. Units like the RUHENS WHA 400 UVC cover large areas up to 140m2 and contain 8 filters removing up to 99% of harmful allergens from the air.
- Popular with homes of up to 70m2 in size, tower air purifiers will help remove and destroy airborne viruses and allergens. The RUHENS WHA 320 UVC features a real-time display of air quality, 6-stage filtration, an ioniser and, for convenient handling, a carry handle, making it easy to move around.
- If you live or work in a smaller space up to 45m2, then a compact air purifier can help you sanitise the air. The RUHENS WHA-500 and the RUHENS WHA 200 are powerful at purifying smaller spaces, thanks to their 4-stage filtration system.
Other ways to keep your home dust-free
In addition to using an air purifier, there are other things you can do to keep your home dust-free:
- Vacuum regularly with a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter. This will help to remove dust from carpets, floors and furniture.
- Wash bedding in hot water (at least 60 degrees Celsius) to kill dust mites.
- Keep homes clean and clutter-free. Dust can build up in corners and on surfaces, so it’s important to keep your home clean and tidy.
- No smoking inside the house. Cigarette smoke can aggravate dust allergies.
- Use a damp cloth to dust surfaces. This will help to capture dust rather than just move it around.
Remove the dust & start enjoying your home again
At Air Care Solutions, we understand the importance of having a dust allergy air purifier in your home. Our range of air purifiers is designed to remove 99.99% of all allergens from the air, including dust mites. We also have a range of air purifiers perfect for people with severe dust allergies. If you would like more information about our air purifiers, or if you have any questions, please contact us today. Our experts will be happy to help you find the perfect air purifier for your home or workplace.
More guidance related to this topic